2016-2017 Undergraduate Catalog

Administrative Drops and Withdrawals

Students are sometimes unable to initiate drops or withdrawals because of the following circumstances:

  1. Extreme illness of the student or an immediate family member. The illness must be documented by a physician.
  2. Death in the immediate family. The death must be documented through an obituary or other evidence.
  3. Required call to active military duty. The call to active duty must be documented by a letter from a branch of the military.

In any of these cases, students or the agents acting on their behalf may request an administrative drop or withdrawal from some or all courses. This request must be submitted in writing and include appropriate documentation. This request should be submitted to the registrar.

Drops will be permitted in time frame allowed for drops depending on the length of the course. Withdrawals may be permitted after that period. Note that students receiving financial aid will have obligations to the government and/or lenders even if they attended only a single day of the term. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information. See also the Catalog section entitled “Student Charges and Payment Information.”